I Never Can Say Goodbye.
Sitting on the precipice of a new year, 2015, I reminisce about what 2014 has been for me.
• Meeting new people whom I now call friends
• Saying goodbye to friends who have returned to Spirit
• Making peace with people from whom I have been estranged
• Honoring my Mother in each opportunity to share her story of Love for her family…
• Helping Meisha to navigate her space in the middle school environment
• Being a peacemaker for my Granddaughter and her Grandmother
Alas, as we embark upon a new year, we all look back and wonder. What else could I have accomplished? What should I have done better? Differently? Not said?
It is my sincere hope and belief that 2015 will afford us all new opportunities to be better human beings. I pray that we will learn more about how similar we are, desiring the good things for our children, wanting a safe, happy community in which we can live, versus focusing on the few areas in which we are different. How boring would it be if we all looked, thought and acted like everyone else? Ugggh.
And so I must say goodbye today…to 2014. It has been a grand experience.
Hello 2015. I am ready to live in all the fullness that the Creator has for me. You, too!
EnJoy this piece of iconic music from Mr. Isaac Hayes: http://youtu.be/zKKVIEZPTYk